If you answer "yes" to 3 or more of these of the following questions, your facility may be good candidate for CHP, CHP Technical Assistance Partnership can offer technical assistance to evaluate your site for CHP feasibility:
- Do you pay more than $.06/kWh on average for electricity (including generation, transmission and distribution)?
- Are you concerned about the impact of current or future energy costs on your business?
- Are you concerned about power reliability? Is there a substantial financial impact to your business if the power goes out for 1 hour? For 5 minutes?
- Does your facility operate for more than 3000 hours per year?
- Do you have thermal loads throughout the year (including steam, hot water, chilled water, hot air, etc.)?
- Does your facility have an existing central plant?
- Do you expect to replace, upgrade, or retrofit central plant equipment within the next 3-5 years?
- Do you anticipate a facility expansion or new construction project within the next 3-5 years?
- Have you already implemented energy efficiency measures and still have high energy costs?
- Are you interested in reducing your facility's impact on the environment?
- Do you have access to on-site or nearby biomass resources (i.e. landfill gas, farm manure, food processing waste, etc.?
Next - Feasibility Analysis >